While still being compassionate and understanding, I have found that in order to be effective with couples, I need to be as direct and transparent as possible. Couples work can often be intense. In addition, I have found over the years that people are struggling in their families and relationships because of their own individual unresolved issues and problems. Relationships require a lot of humility, selflessness, teach ability and open-mindedness. When these are missing, chaos and conflict ensue.
My work with couples includes:
- In depth assessment of root problems creating marital/relationship conflict
- Psychoeducation on communication, relationship and conflict management skills
- Psychoeducation on principles for thriving in marriage
- Psychoeducation on perspective shifting
- Confronting resistance and sabotaging behaviors